Serious crash ties up traffic in Zebulon
ZEBULON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Traffic on eastbound U.S. Highway 264 was backed up after a crash Thursday evening.
It happened around 5:20 p.m. near Gannon Avenue.
Troopers say the 28-year-old male driver of a 2002 Ford Focus came off of U.S. Highway 64 to eastbound U.S. Highway 264 too fast and then ran of the road and hit several trees.
The force of the crash sheared the motor from the vehicle.
The driver was taken to WakeMed for non-life threatening injuries. He will be charged with reckless driving.
All lanes were closed in the area for about an hour.
north carolina news, wake county news, accident, local/state
- Temps plummet, chance of freezing rain Sunday
- Photos: Meet the New Bachelor Contestants
- Photos: Raleigh Winterfest Celebration 2013-2014
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
- Up to 50 vehicles collide in deadly Pennsylvania Turnpike crash 1 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands 21 min ago
- Snow, ice, deep-freeze hit large swath of US 41 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela
- Nasty weather hits several NFL games
- In 2nd week, 'Frozen' tops box office with $31.6M
- Panthers, Saints seek control of NFC South race
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Man trapped in empty dark plane cabin at Houston airport
- Billy Joel, 4 others receive Kennedy Center Honors
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help