Knightdale deaths called murder-suicide
KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Knightdale police are now calling the deaths of a man and woman Thursday night a murder-suicide.
It happened around 7 p.m. in the 600 block of Bellefont Court.
Knightdale's Chief of Police Jason Godwin said officers were called to the house to check on the residents when they found 49-year-old Yul Brynner Barber and 49-year-old Veronica Sutton-Wheeler.
Police said investigators are treating their deaths as an apparent murder-suicide after Barber is believed to have died from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
ABC11 spoke to an 18 year old who cuts the couple's grass. Jeremy Blackwell said the couple was not married, but they appeared to have a pretty good relationship.
The teen says he would rarely talk to woman but she would always wave hello when he was walking by. He was shocked about the discovery but added there was something always off about the man.
"I kind of got a weird feeling about him," said Blackwell. "I told my father you know I kind of thought he was crazy. My father would say 'No, that's just him being him.'"
Police are still looking into what led to the murder suicide.
Both bodies were taken to the medical examiner's office for autopsies.
north carolina news, wake county news, homicide, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help