One killed, one injured in Raleigh apartment shooting
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities in Raleigh are investigating a shooting that killed one person and injured another at a Raleigh apartment complex overnight.
It happened around midnight in the parking lot of the Brentwood West Apartments in the 3800 block of Brentwood Road, near Capital Boulevard.
When police officers arrived at the scene, they found 19-year-old Trevon Shaihid Beard's body beside a parked vehicle.
A second man, 20-year-old Isaiah Marquice Beverley was later located at Duke Health Raleigh after being dropped off there with a gunshot wound to his shoulder.
He was then transferred to WakeMed Hospital and placed in police custody in connection with Beard's death.
Following an investigation, authorities also arrested two brothers -- 17-year-old Bionta Eugene Bryant and 19-year-old Robert Alphonso Bryant -- at a motel on Appliance Court.
All three suspects are facing murder charges.
Details surrounding the shooting have not been released, but police have said the crime was not random. An investigation is ongoing.
north carolina news, wake county news, raleigh news, shooting, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75