BBQ is not North Carolina's best sandwich??
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- Sunday was apparently National Sandwich Day. Who knew?
Something else that might come as a surprise to BBQ lovers everywhere is that some don't think a pulled pork sammie is the best North Carolina has to offer.
That's according to the Business Insider website which published a list of the top 50 sandwiches from every state Sunday.
Business Insider says its pick is the Carolina Burger - a variant on the chili burger- with patty, chili con carne, coleslaw, mustard, and chopped onions.
We suspect Business Insider didn't want to wade into the Lexington style vs. Eastern style BBQ debate and just punted.
north carolina news, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials