New North Carolina sex offender app available
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- North Carolina Attorney General announced Thursday that the NC Department of Justice has launched an Android version of its sex offender app.
An Apple version of the app was launched last year. About 40,000 people have downloaded it.
The app allows users to search for registered North Carolina sex offenders by GPS location or street address.
"Knowing where sex offenders live can help you plan for your family's safety," Cooper said. "Now people can have this critical safety information at their fingertips, wherever they are."
The app is available for download via the Google Play Store or at http://ncdoj.gov.
north carolina news, roy cooper, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help