New North Carolina sex offender app available
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- North Carolina Attorney General announced Thursday that the NC Department of Justice has launched an Android version of its sex offender app.
An Apple version of the app was launched last year. About 40,000 people have downloaded it.
The app allows users to search for registered North Carolina sex offenders by GPS location or street address.
"Knowing where sex offenders live can help you plan for your family's safety," Cooper said. "Now people can have this critical safety information at their fingertips, wherever they are."
The app is available for download via the Google Play Store or at http://ncdoj.gov.
north carolina news, roy cooper, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Car accident killed girls missing since 1971
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Amanda Hayes faces new charges in Texas
- Cumberland Co. damage caused by straight line winds
- Police officer killed in crash with excavator