One person killed, two injured in Cumberland County crash
CUMBERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County are investigating an accident that killed one person and injured two others.
It happened around 11 p.m. Monday along Highway 301 near Interstate 295.
State troopers said a Mercedes was going north down the highway when it plowed into a pole and rolled over.
One of the people in the car died at the scene, while the other two people were taken to the hospital in unknown condition.
The cause of the accident is also unknown at this time.
Highway 301 had to be shut down for a while as authorities cleared the scene.
north carolina news, cumberland county news, fayetteville news, accident, local/state
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire 5 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged 33 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- New Scrabble words sought
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen...
32 min ago