2 struck near US 64 in eastern Wake County
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two men were injured Thursday evening on U.S. Highway 64 near Wendell, in eastern Wake County.
It happened near Lizard Lick Road around 6 p.m.
A trooper on the scene told ABC11 that four men from a landscaping company were changing a tire or tires on a trailer behind their vehicle when a man, who was texting, drove up and hit two of them with his pick-up truck.
The victims were taken to WakeMed with what was described as non-life threatening injuries.
Witnesses said that one of the victims was pinned between the pickup and the trailer.
The pick-up truck driver, later identified as 47-year-old Tony Richardson of Angier, was taken away in handcuffs. He is charged with driving while impaired.
The names of the victims have not been released.
A passenger in the pick-up truck was not injured.
north carolina news, wake county news, accident, local/state, fred shropshire
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up 6 min ago
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory 22 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
17 min ago
- Locklear family opens up
52 min ago