Amtrak train hits, kills pedestrian in Mebane
MEBANE, N.C. (WTVD) -- An Amtrak train traveling through Mebane near Buckhorn Road struck and killed someone walking on the tracks Sunday, according to crews on the scene.
The Carolinian train was headed from Charlotte to New York when it hit the pedestrian around 9:20 a.m., according to an Amtrak official.
Officials said 118 passengers were on board. No other injuries were reported.
The train is on hold for an investigation.
north carolina news, alamance county news, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds 29 min ago
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Thousands of ladies come together for...
9 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a...
25 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
35 min ago