Man struck, killed by car in Orange County
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WTVD) -- A man is dead after being hit by a car in Orange County Tuesday evening.
It happened around 6:20 p.m. in the 9300 block of Bethel Hickory Grove Church Road.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A woman who was driving the car that hit the man stopped. She was not hurt, but shaken up.
So far, the man's identity has not been released. Authorities told ABC11 that the man was not carrying ID.
The State Highway Patrol says the combination of the man wearing dark clothes, along with the dark road, and the lack of a shoulder to walk on may have played a role in the accident.
north carolina news, orange county news, accident, local/state, angelica alvarez
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 13 min ago
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 1 min ago
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole