Cumberland County woman allegedly shoots partner's teen boyfriend
CUMERLAND COUNTY (WTVD) -- A Parkton woman is facing several charges after allegedly shooting her partner's 17-year-old boyfriend in the head.
Authorities said on Friday morning, 34-year-old Tiffany Prince Bethea broke into 38-year-old Taneshia Robinson's home on Earp Court in Parkton.
The women described their relationship as "intimate partners," according to authorities.
Robinson told officials that when she awoke, Bethea was standing over her bed holding a handgun and pointing it at her boyfriend, 17-year-old Da'Jore Williams.
Authorities said Bethea walked over to Williams' side of the bed where she began screaming profanities, pointed the gun at his head and fired a single shot. She then fled the scene.
Emergency crews were called to the home and Williams was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, where he underwent brain surgery, and remains in critical condition.
Bethea later turned herself in to officers late Sunday night. She has been charged with attempted first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, and first-degree burglary.
Bethea is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center under a $500,000 bond.
north carolina news, cumberland county news, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 8 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- The latest ABC11 First Alert Weather forecast
22 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help