Accident shuts down Leesville Road in Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- An accident caused power outages and road closures in Raleigh Tuesday morning.
Leesville Road near Franciscan School and Sycamore Creek Elementary School had to be completely shut down after a car crashed into a utility pole.
The driver of the car was reportedly okay, but the force of the collision shattered the pole and caused power outages to over 300 homes.
Duke Energy Progress crews worked for several hours to replace the pole and repair a damaged underground line.
Meanwhile, the road closure caused traffic problems along Leesville Road as school buses and residents attempted to get to and from nearby homes and schools.
north carolina news, wake county news, raleigh news, accident, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63