Man leads Clayton police on short chase, search
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Clayton police say a Raleigh man is facing charges for leading them on a chase.
Authorities say 21-year-old Marcus Walton tried to pass a fraudulent check at Compare Foods on East Second Street on Monday.
When officers arrived on the scene, Walton fled. They followed him for a few minutes when he hit a curb at John and Holding Streets and then ran away.
Officers chased him to a home in the 500 block of Holding Street where he was found hiding in the attic.
Walton, who also had four outstanding warrants from Wake County, is now in the Johnston County Jail on a $195,000 bond.
north carolina news, johnston county news, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar