Showers, some patchy ice as temps warm
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- As temperatures warm up a little Monday, Old Man Winter is still sticking around.
Following freezing rain overnight, some schools are opening late Monday due to patchy areas of ice on elevated surfaces north and west of the Triangle.
A few showers will also be lingering throughout the day, however, some warming is expected today with highs 15 degrees warmer than Sunday.
A wave of low pressure will ride along the nearby front later Monday night into Tuesday, which will bring another round of steadier and heavier rainfall. By Wednesday, a drier air mass will move into the region finally ending the precipitation. High pressure will settle over the area for the end of the week before rain chances return by the weekend.
north carolina news, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing flooding, delays, outages 9 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- The latest ABC11 First Alert Weather forecast
33 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help