Some travel delays at RDU due to weather elsewhere
RALEIGH-DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- The weather is responsible for several cancellations or delays at RDU already and some travelers are in for a long wait.
Airport officials told ABC11 that they are expecting some flights to be pushed back throughout the weekend as weather in other parts of the country is having a ripple effect here -- delaying and cancelling flights.
A group of UNC students is among those spending the night at RDU after their flights were canceled.
They were supposed to heading to Los Angeles, but they will have to wait until Saturday morning to board a plane bound for the West Coast.
The students said they each spent an extra $600 to get on the first flight out.
Airport officials are urging travelers to check with their airlines before coming to the airport and to check the weather beforehand.
north carolina news, raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help