Triangle-wide memorial service set to remember Nelson Mandela
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- On December 14, a Triangle-wide memorial service will be held at First Baptist Church in honor of Nelson Mandela.
The service will take place off Wilmington Street at 2 p.m.
Governor Pat McCrory, Congressman G.K. Butterfield, and NAACP President Rev. William Barber are among the dignitaries paying tribute to the former South African president and civil rights icon.
Mandela died Thursday at the age of 95.
north carolina news, wake county news, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market 53 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 35 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation