Bicyclist charged with DWI in Johnston County
SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Smithfield man was jailed Saturday night and charged with driving while impaired on a bicycle.
It happened on College Road around 6:45 p.m. when an officer spotted a man on a bicycle weaving in traffic and nearly striking two cars that attempted to pass him.
Michael Wesley Soloman, 47, was stopped and charged with DWI. Police say he registered a blood alcohol level of 0.09.
Soloman was given a $500 bond and ordered to appear in court on the DWI charges in January.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
north carolina news, johnston county news, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...