Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police say a bad crash on Glenwood Avenue is possibly linked to baggage thefts at RDU Airport.
The crash happened just before 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Raleigh police say 24-year-old Christian Lewis crashed his car after a chase with RDU police.
They say a Southwest Airlines passenger at Terminal 1 spotted Lewis stealing their bags and called police.
When officers pulled Lewis over, he sped away. Lewis eventually crashed his car on U.S. Highway 70 eastbound. He was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
Right now, he's charged with eluding police. More charges are pending.
Weather conditions and a high rate of speed may have been factors in the crash.
The roadway was closed near Interstate 540 for almost two hours.
north carolina news, raleigh durham airport, raleigh news, wake county news, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help