Air travelers caught in winter storm
RALEIGH-DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- Weather continues to be a big issue for some travelers at RDU Airport.
Airlines are still struggling to get back on schedule after over 1,000 flights were canceled across the country Tuesday. Delays and cancelations are still lighting up the boards.
"Yeah, I was pretty upset," said traveler Dayzea Jones, who was annoyed after spending six hours stuck in a New York City airport.
She watched the snow steadily stream down.
"It was just crazy," said Jones. "There was snow everywhere. There was a lot going on."
Somehow, travelers found ways to stay busy.
"Walk around and eat," April Latin, "Sit there."
The Northeast was slammed with another snow storm. It was the second one in two days.
Snow blanketed airports in Washington, Philadelphia, and New York Nearly. In all, 1,400 flights were canceled because of the weather. If they weren't canceled, they were delayed.
"They should have told us that before we got there that it was delayed," said Latin. "We found out when we got there."
Not all of the flight delays lasted six hours. Some were 40 minutes.
"It could have been a whole lot worse cause they were told they were going to be delayed on the other end, but they weren't," said Apex resident Linda McCormack.
While it was a slow journey to get back to the Triangle for some people, at least they are home.
'I'm relieved," said Jones. "I'm ready to go home and sleep."
Jones said she doesn't plan ever fly again to the Northeast in the winter after this draining experience.
north carolina news, raleigh durham airport, local/state, elaina athans
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina 32 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home 25 min ago
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- Orange County among hardest hit by ice storm
29 min ago
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
33 min ago
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in Fayetteville...
26 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help