Multiple county chase ends in Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A four-county chase ended with a crash in Durham Tuesday night.
It ended at Stadium Drive and Birmingham Avenue, off of Duke Street.
Two suspects jumped out of the car and ran away, but they were caught a short time later at the Duke Regional Hospital parking lot.
The Highway Patrol told ABC11 that the chase started in Guilford County when a trooper clocked the car going 80 in a 65mph zone. The chase made its way through Alamance, Orange and Durham counties, along Interstates 40 and 85, before it ended in the crash.
Troopers say the chase lasted less than an hour.
One of the men in the car was later identified as 30-year-old Abdur-Rahim Muhammad of Durham. He has outstanding warrants for him in Wake County and Durham County.
north carolina news, durham county news, alamance county news, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help