Cooking causes fire at Fayetteville apartments
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- Fayetteville firefighters battled a fire at Cambridge Arms Apartments Saturday night.
Crews arrived on the scene around 10 p.m. to find an active fire in a multi-story, multi-family home. The fire spread to multiple units and a stairwell and caused smoke damage throughout.
Fire officials said the fire was caused by cooking and was determined to be accidental.
Fortunately, the adjacent apartments were not occupied. In total, the Red Cross is assisting an adult and two children that were displaced.
No injuries were reported.
north carolina news, fayetteville news, fire, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 13 min ago
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County 29 min ago
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall 22 min ago
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton