Truck driver dies in Highway 64 crash
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The North Carolina Highway Patrol says the driver of a large truck carrying roof trusses that crashed on Highway 64 Monday morning was killed.
The truck went off the side of the road before hitting trees and flipping over. It happened around 7:50 a.m. near Edgemont Road between Wendell and Zebulon.
Troopers said the driver was pinned in the wreckage. He was pronounced dead at the scene. He was later identified as 61-year-old Robert Earl Faison of Bailey, NC.
The truck belonged to Stock Building Supply.
north carolina news, wake county news, accident, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide