Driver leads Highway Patrol on I-85 chase
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Troopers say a man in a stolen rental car led them on a high speed chase on Interstate 85 Thursday afternoon.
The Highway Patrol says they tried to pull over the driver of a red Ford Mustang for speeding on Interstate 85 near milemarker 160 in Orange County.
The driver fled, but the chase, which reached speeds of up to 105 mph, ended when he hit stop sticks near the U.S. Highway 70 exit in Durham.
Troopers say over $1,000 in stolen Macy's merchandise was found inside the car.
Authorities haven't released the driver's name.
He faces several felony charges including felony possession of stolen vehicle, felony possession of stolen merchandise, and felony speeding and eluding.
north carolina news, durham county news, hwy 70, i85, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help