Man hit, killed along Interstate 540 in Raleigh overnight
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities are investigating a fatal accident after a man was hit along Interstate 540 in Raleigh overnight.
It happened around 11 p.m. Sunday in the eastbound lanes of I-540 near the Leesville Road exit.
Officials said the man was standing in the middle lane when he was hit by a commercial truck.
The name of the man has not been released.
No charges have been filed against the driver at this time.
Two lanes of I-540 were shutdown for several hours due to the accident.
north carolina news, i540, local/state
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire 42 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg 11 min ago
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged 10 min ago
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 58 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- New Scrabble words sought
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen...
11 min ago
- Three schools consolidated into one at Fort...
13 min ago
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
41 min ago