Cary bar makes sure patrons have a safe way home on New Years
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Many people are out celebrating the coming of the new year, and for many that celebration includes drinking.
Law enforcement is out in full force, watching for drunk drivers, and they're getting a little help from at least one bar in Cary.
"We have a DJ. We have a new year's eve party," said Rally Point owner Drew Schenck.
Rally Point is offering it all plus a chauffeur.
"We also have the bus, picking people up and taking people home," said Schenck.
For the first time, Schenck is promising a full service bar for people within a two mile radius.
"We have a separate phone, a separate number," said Schenck. "The driver has it. We put fliers out at the apartment complexes around here."
They'll pick you up, take you to the party and, best of all, they will bring you home. So, you don't have to worry about finding a designated driver, or the temptation of getting behind the wheel after a few too many.
"It's a smart thing to do for us," said Schenck. "It's a smart thing for our regulars. We paid for the van. We paid for the driver."
Schenck says it was so easy to put together that he plans to keep doing this for certain events throughout the year. It's a free service. Just call the bar for that special number.
The Department of Transportation says more than 400 people in North Carolina died in alcohol-related accidents in 2012. This year, that number is down by more than 100.
north carolina news, wake county news, local/state, angelica alvarez
- Family of Danielle Locklear opens up 10 min ago
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory 26 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City, NJ
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- GOP: Teacher crisis started before McCrory
21 min ago
- Locklear family opens up
56 min ago