Man sought by Harnett deputies in New Year's Day shooting in Erwin
ERWIN, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Harnett County Sheriff's Office is looking for a man after an early morning shooting New Year's Day.
Deputies said they were called to a home in the 4,900 block of Bunnlevel Erwin Road just before 1 a.m.
They said when they arrived, 37-year-old Marcus Dante McNeill had been taken to Betsy Johnson Memorial Hospital with a gunshot wound.
Deputies now have warrants for 28-year-old Derrick McNeill of Dunn charging him with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill. Deputies said they didn't know if the men are related.
Anyone with information about McNeill's location is asked to call the Harnett County Sheriff's Office. (910) 893-9111.
north carolina news, harnett county news, shooting, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 2 min ago
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea 9 min ago
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings 3 min ago
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her