Snow falls across Central North Carolina
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A weak cold front moving through North Carolina brought rain and some snow early Thursday morning.
Northern counties saw a light dusting, while Fayetteville and areas to the south only saw a rain/snow mix.
The weather cleared around 8 a.m., as temperatures began to rise. It is expected to top off in the 50s later on in the day.
Schools in Lee County were on a 2-hour delay due to the weather.
Ahead of the wintry mix Wednesday, the North Carolina DOT applied a salt brine mixture to bridges and overpasses as a precaution, because they tend to freeze faster than regular road surfaces.
Meanwhile, the snow and/or black ice could return Friday night.
ABC11 Meteorologist Don "Big Weather" Schwenneker says perhaps a few spots across the Triangle could have a sprinkle or flurry, but most places will stay dry.
There will be some sunshine each day from Thursday through Sunday, with daytime highs mostly in the 40s, although we may crack the 50-degree mark on Friday, and nighttime lows will be mostly below freezing.
north carolina news, raleigh news, durham county news, person county news, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 36 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 28 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 19 min ago
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Teacher resignations up significantly in...
50 min ago