Raleigh man accused of fatally stabbing boyfriend
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh man has been accused of stabbing his boyfriend to death.
Police say Gavin Zacherl, 31, called 911 on Saturday and said his boyfriend had been doing meth and stabbed himself in the chest.
Andrew Tongate, 28, was rushed to WakeMed where he was pronounced dead.
Zacherl, who lived with Tongate, in an apartment in the 4100 block of Lake Lynn Drive is now charged with murder.
He is being held in the Wake County jail.
north carolina news, raleigh news, stabbing, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help