Durham police canvass neighborhood where mother, 9-year-old boy were shot
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police canvassed the area where a 9-year-old boy and his mother were shot inside their vehicle two Saturdays ago.
Jaden Sharpe and his mother - 31-year-old Lakeisha Holloway - were found inside their gold SUV on Halyard Court, following the 6 p.m. shooting on Lucas Drive. Police said Holloway was able to drive a few blocks to get help after being shot in the driveway at home.
The neighborhood on Lucas Drive was the site of the canvass at 5 p.m. Monday.
Authorities went door-to-door handing out flyers for 30 to 45 minutes.
Police were asking residents if they knew any information about the case that could lead to a suspect.
The victims' family told ABC11 someone just came up to the driver's side window and fired.
Jaden - a third grader - was taken off life-support last Thursday and later passed away after suffering a gunshot wound to the head. Holloway is still in the hospital.
Anyone with information is asked to call police Durham at (919) 560-4440.
north carolina news, durham county news, shooting, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 13 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case 9 min ago
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store 13 min ago
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants