Durham police canvass neighborhood where mother, 9-year-old boy were shot
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police canvassed the area where a 9-year-old boy and his mother were shot inside their vehicle two Saturdays ago.
Jaden Sharpe and his mother - 31-year-old Lakeisha Holloway - were found inside their gold SUV on Halyard Court, following the 6 p.m. shooting on Lucas Drive. Police said Holloway was able to drive a few blocks to get help after being shot in the driveway at home.
The neighborhood on Lucas Drive was the site of the canvass at 5 p.m. Monday.
Authorities went door-to-door handing out flyers for 30 to 45 minutes.
Police were asking residents if they knew any information about the case that could lead to a suspect.
The victims' family told ABC11 someone just came up to the driver's side window and fired.
Jaden - a third grader - was taken off life-support last Thursday and later passed away after suffering a gunshot wound to the head. Holloway is still in the hospital.
Anyone with information is asked to call police Durham at (919) 560-4440.
north carolina news, durham county news, shooting, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 42 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River