Fire affected traffic on Durham highway
DURHAM (WTVD) -- N.C. Highway 55 was briefly closed in both directions near Interstate 40 because of a fire Tuesday afternoon.
The fire happened around 4:30 p.m. at a tombstone businesss in the 4300 block of Highway 55 near Meridian Parkway.
When firefighters arrived they found heavy fire conditions in the back of the building. They brought the fire under control in about 10 minutes.
No one was injured.
north carolina news, durham county news, fire, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 2 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham 27 min ago
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole 36 min ago
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in...
25 min ago
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car...
36 min ago