One killed in I-40 crash in Johnston County
JOHNSTON COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- All lanes of Interstate 40 were closed at mile marker 322 in Johnston County following a fatal accident Wednesday evening.
It happened around 5 p.m. when a vehicle overturned in the median.
One person was killed in the crash. Another person was flown by LifeFlight helicopter to WakeMed after being cut from the wreckage.
The extent of that person's injuries is not known.
There's no word yet on what caused the crash.
north carolina news, johnston county news, accident, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos