Pedestrian killed in Johnston County
JOHNSTON COUNTY (WTVD) -- A pedestrian was hit and killed while walking along a highway in Johnston County overnight.
Officials said 25-year-old Thomas David Dudley IV of Smithfield was walking near the 7000 block of US-70 west just southeast of Clayton, when he was hit by a car.
Dudley died at the scene.
Authorities said speed did not play a role in the accident.
The accident remains under investigation. Charges have not been filed against the driver of the car.
north carolina news, johnston county news, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Car accident killed girls missing since 1971
- Dress codes: Where should schools set limits?
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works 32 min ago
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation
- Amanda Hayes faces new charges in Texas
- Cumberland Co. damage caused by straight line winds