Truck slams into Clayton doctor's office
CLAYTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Emergency workers responded to a Clayton doctor's office where a truck slammed into the building just before 10 a.m. Thursday.
It happened at Horizon Family Medicine in the 200 block of Butternut Lane.
A man inside the office waiting on his appointment was able to get out of the direct path of the truck, but was taken to Johnston Medical Center for his injuries.
The driver, 71 year-old Billy Parris, told ABC11 that he wears a brace on his ankle, and his foot got lodged on the gas pedal which caused him to tear through the office.
Parris said he feels terrible, and added that he has a very good driving record.
Meanwhile, officials said the building has been declared unstable until further assessment by engineers.
north carolina news, johnston county news, accident, local/state
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 25 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 39 min ago
- Police investigate meth lab near Clayton
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Mazda recalls 109,000 older SUVs for rust problem
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Bodie, Cape Hatteras lighthouses to open 3 min ago
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought
25 min ago
- I-Team: Are crime alerts needed following...
21 min ago
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets
38 min ago