Dangerous fire conditions forecast for Saturday
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- The National Weather Service has issued a fire weather watch for Saturday.
They say the combination of strong gusty winds, low humidity, and very dry brush will produce a threat for dangerous fire weather conditions in central North Carolina on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Counties affected include: Person, Granville, Vance, Warren, Halifax, Forsyth, Guilford, Alamance, Orange, Durham, Franklin, Nash, Edgecombe, Davidson, Randolph, Chatham, Wake, Johnston, Wilson, Stanly, Montgomery, Moore, Lee, Harnett, Wayne, Anson, Richmond, Scotland, Hoke, Cumberland, and Sampson.
Sustained winds from the southwest of 15 to 20 mph will gust up to 30 mph, and relative humidity will drop as low as 20 to 25 percent on Saturday.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
north carolina news, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash 1 min ago
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
1 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help