Woman charged in murder of Brother Rice teacher; Alan Filan found dead in Orland Park home
January 25, 2014 (ORLAND PARK, Ill.) -- A woman with a history of prostitution has been charged in the stabbing death of a Brother Rice teacher.
Police found the body of 61-year-old Alan Filan Tuesday morning at his home in south suburban Orland Park.
They were conducting a wellbeing check after he failed to show up for work.
Alisha Walker, 20, is being held at the Allen County Jail in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
She was scheduled to appear in bond court Monday.
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co.
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 58 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth 49 min ago
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets