111th birthday celebrated by suburban man; Wash Wesley, Oakbrook Terrace, a church deacon, still drives
January 25, 2014 (OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill.) -- Saturday was quite the special day for a west suburban man as he celebrates his 111th birthday.
Family and friends gathered in Oakbrook Terrace to sing happy birthday to Wash Wesley.
Wesley doesn't let his age slow him down.
He's a deacon at his church, plus he still drives.
"If it ain't one thing, there's always something at the house you can do, always," Wesley said.
Wesley says doctors have told him he can drink and eat anything he wants, but he says he limits himself.
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping 47 min ago
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter