Aurora girl, 4, killed by falling TV ID'd
January 27, 2014 ( AURORA, Ill.) -- Aurora authorities have identified a 4-year-old girl who died when a television fell on her.
Officials in the west suburban community say preschooler Cyliyah Yarbrough died Sunday, shortly after she was hit by the television that fell off a stand in the 1200-block of Nantucket. An autopsy determined she died of cranial/cerebral injuries.
She was pronounced dead at Presence Mercy Medical Center in Aurora. Investigators say the girl's mother and a younger sibling were home at the time of the accident, shortly before 6 p.m. Her death is considered an accident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide