Police on lookout for drunk drivers on Super Bowl Sunday
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are hitting the roads this weekend in search of drunk drivers.
They are using Super Bowl Sunday as a time for a major crackdown.
Police charged 18 people with DWI at a checkpoint on Glenwood Avenue early Saturday morning.
They also charged four drivers with drinking underage and then driving.
In all, more than 40 officers from departments across Wake County, plus the State Highway Patrol, participated in the crackdown.
north carolina news, wake county news, raleigh news, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co. 16 min ago
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Confused, chaotic scene described on sinking ferry
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting 54 min ago
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine
- DOT worker charged in officer's death
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police canvass area for information about rape suspect 8 min ago
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Hatchell: Star freshman DeShields leaving UNC
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Teacher resignations up significantly in...
30 min ago