Snow may have led to fatal Moore County crash
MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A woman was killed Tuesday afternoon in a crash near Aberdeen.
The State Highway Patrol said a car driven by 24-year-old Viacente Osvaldo Castillo Gonzalez, of Robbins, was traveling southwest on Sand Pitt Road when he lost control on a snow covered roadway.
The vehicle traveled off the right side of the road, overcorrected, and struck a tree.
The passenger killed has been identified as 23-year-old Breanna Lynn Tile, of Carthage.
Gonzalez was taken to Moore Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Troopers say weather may have played a role in the crash.
Charges against Gonzalez are pending.
north carolina news, moore county news, accident, local/state
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help