Snow may have led to fatal Moore County crash
MOORE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A woman was killed Tuesday afternoon in a crash near Aberdeen.
The State Highway Patrol said a car driven by 24-year-old Viacente Osvaldo Castillo Gonzalez, of Robbins, was traveling southwest on Sand Pitt Road when he lost control on a snow covered roadway.
The vehicle traveled off the right side of the road, overcorrected, and struck a tree.
The passenger killed has been identified as 23-year-old Breanna Lynn Tile, of Carthage.
Gonzalez was taken to Moore Regional Hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Troopers say weather may have played a role in the crash.
Charges against Gonzalez are pending.
north carolina news, moore county news, accident, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos