Durham family escapes from burning home
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham fire officials are trying to figure out what caused a family out of their home Saturday.
Investigators say it happened around 4:30 p.m. in the 2200 block of Cedar Grove Drive.
The fire started in the garage, destroying it and a car inside.
Officials say the entire house is full of smoke damage.
The family was able to make it out safely; no one was hurt.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
north carolina news, durham county news, fire, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties 2 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials