Family of murdered Fort Bragg soldier appeals for answers
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The family of a murdered Fort Bragg soldier made an emotional plea for answers in the unsolved case Monday.
Police are looking for the two men who shot 35-year-old Sean Wayne Wells in his home in the 7200 block of Beaver Run Drive on Oct. 7.
Wells was a decorated Army sergeant first class assigned to Special Forces at Fort Bragg. He was killed with his wife and daughter in the home.
Monday, Wells' mother, sister and wife made a public plea for help.
"He was a great soldier. He did not deserve to die this way. He was a great son, he loved all his family. He loved life, and he loved very, very much his son. So we're asking everybody to please help us," said Maria Wells.
Wells' is the only unsolved homicide in the City of Fayetteville from 2013.
Police say the suspects had some familiarity with the Wells home. At the time of the murder, they said it was not random. The front door was unlocked.
A muscular, white man was seen outside the home shortly before gunshots went off.
Police are also now looking for a white pickup truck that may have been involved.
Police will hold a checkpoint looking for clues in the Montibello Shopping Center Tuesday from 6 - 8 p.m. Police say they'll also be on Beaver Run Drive (the neighborhood) and off Rim Road (where the Wells' Camry was discovered).
Among Wells' many decorations, he earned a Bronze Star Medal and was deployed to Afghanistan twice. Wells had been in the Army 15 years. Originally from California, he had been stationed at Fort Bragg for the past 7 years.
north carolina news, fayetteville news, shooting, local/state, nicole carr
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide