Fatal accident blocks Gorman Street at I-40 in Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A fatal accident that shutdown part of Gorman Street in Raleigh Friday morning, also caused traffic issues on Interstate 40.
The crash happened around 10 a.m. near the Gorman Street and I-40 intersection when an SUV came down the embankment.
Police say a 52-year-old William Darryl Martin, of Siler City, was pronounced dead at the scene of the single-vehicle crash.
Gorman Street had to be shutdown in both directions while authorities worked to clear the scene.
So far, police have not said what caused the wreck. However, it is believed to have been caused by a medical emergency.
north carolina news, raleigh news, local/state, kelli o'hara
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter 11 min ago
- ABC11 channel changes 5 min ago
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators 18 min ago
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested 59 min ago
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son 55 min ago
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Bank robbed in Franklinton
- 4th of July celebration returning to Ft. Bragg
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 55 min ago
- Police: 1 man, 1 woman died at South by Southwest
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
20 min ago
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC...
17 min ago
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
16 min ago