Fatal accident blocks Gorman Street at I-40 in Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A fatal accident that shutdown part of Gorman Street in Raleigh Friday morning, also caused traffic issues on Interstate 40.
The crash happened around 10 a.m. near the Gorman Street and I-40 intersection when an SUV came down the embankment.
Police say a 52-year-old William Darryl Martin, of Siler City, was pronounced dead at the scene of the single-vehicle crash.
Gorman Street had to be shutdown in both directions while authorities worked to clear the scene.
So far, police have not said what caused the wreck. However, it is believed to have been caused by a medical emergency.
north carolina news, raleigh news, local/state, kelli o'hara
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping 17 min ago
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 46 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter