Man indicted in Cary Amtrak crash
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Wake County grand jury handed up an indictment Tuesday charging a Laurinburg man with involuntary manslaughter in the death of his girlfriend.
Benny "Derrick" Dimery, 24, of Old Maxton Road in Laurinburg, allegedly drove around stop arms into the path of an Amtrak train in Cary.
It happened January 2 on SW Maynard Road, between Old Apex Road and West Chatham Street.
Lauren Webb, 21, also of Laurinburg, was a passenger in the car. She was killed in the crash.
If convicted, Dimery faces jail time of 33 to 41 months.
No one on the train was injured.
north carolina news, accident, wake county news, local/state
- Police investigate shooting death as homicide
- FDA to regulate e-cigarettes
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Photos: 'That happened how?' Bizarre mix-ups
- Dogwood Festival ready for weather, crowds
- Mother claims daughter assaulted on field trip
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- I-Team: Babies not getting care due to backlog
- I-Team: Mom warns of shopping cart danger
- Public memorial service set for Danielle Locklear
- Local roofer banned from taking money up front
- New Georgia law makes it legal to carry weapons into bars,...
- Video: Historic NCSU building set for demolition
- Video: Bruce Springsteen fans gather for PNC Arena...