Driver leaves car burning on Raleigh roadway
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Police in Raleigh have found the driver who left a fiery crash on Capital Boulevard early Wednesday morning.
The accident happened around 2:30 a.m. in the outbound lanes of Capital Boulevard at Fenton Street.
Authorities said the driver hit a nearby tree, and then left the car. Flames were then seen erupting from the vehicle.
The cause of the accident is currently under investigation.
At first, authorities said they were having trouble figuring out what happened since the driver was missing and it was unclear what the car crashed into.
However, police later located the driver, James Alphonse Nicholson Jr., at a home in the 2400 block of Stevens Road.
He was arrested on an outstanding warrant from another jurisdiction. No charges have been filed in connection with the vehicle fire.
north carolina news, raleigh news, accident, fire, local/state
- Man killed by falling tree in Chapel Hill
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- Mobile home destroyed by fire in Selma
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 3 people dead
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Obama calls for a 'rethinking' on Crimea vote
- Expert: Girl's blood on over 30 items of evidence
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry
- Ingram has 30 as NCCU beats Howard 92-46 in MEAC
- NC coming up against another food stamp deadline
- CEO happy his company can provide drug for sick boy