State website offering extended tax break guide
January 25, 2013 -- Governor Pat Quinn is urging Illinois families to take advantage of an extended tax break with a new website.
State officials doubled the earned-income tax credit last year.
A new page on the Illinois State website now offers taxpayers a step-by-step guide on how to claim the credit.
Quinn says that he hopes that the site will allow more eligible families to apply.
"There are various estimates," he said. "Between 10 and 20 percent of those eligible don't apply. That's a real tragedy in my book."
Officials say that the tax credit could save working families more than $100 million per year.
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos