IDES employees to join unemployed ranks
February 3, 2013 -- Nearly 200 of the men and women who helped Illinois' unemployed will soon be out of work themselves.
The Illinois Department of Employment Security expects to distribute layoff packages to them on Monday.
The state announced the layoffs last month, saying they're necessary because of cuts in federal funding.
AFSCME, which is the union that represents the works, claims the state agency has too many top managers.
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on 42 min ago
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking 34 min ago
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 6 min ago
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Cub Scouts help out on the anchor desk
14 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help