IDES employees to join unemployed ranks
February 3, 2013 -- Nearly 200 of the men and women who helped Illinois' unemployed will soon be out of work themselves.
The Illinois Department of Employment Security expects to distribute layoff packages to them on Monday.
The state announced the layoffs last month, saying they're necessary because of cuts in federal funding.
AFSCME, which is the union that represents the works, claims the state agency has too many top managers.
- 20 children among dead in Okla. tornado
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family
- Closing arguments to begin in McNeill trial
- Video: Blood drive held to honor injured trooper