Bill to legalize gay marriage moves to Illinois Senate floor
February 5, 2013 (SPRINGFIELD, Ill.) -- A measure to legalize gay marriage in Illinois has cleared a State Senate committee.
The bill will move to the Senate floor where supporters believe it has the votes to pass.
That could happen as early as next week but it has different wording than an earlier measure.
To satisfy Republican objections, the measure legalizes gay marriage but says places of worship would not be forced to conduct marriage ceremonies.
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Man shot, collapses at gas station
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help