Dixon teachers reportedly plan to strike Thursday
February 27, 2013 (DIXON, Ill.) -- Classes are cancelled for tomorrow at public schools in Dixon, Illinois.
According to the school district's website, teachers plan to go on strike.
Dixon is located about 100 miles west of Chicago in Lee County. A negotiating session is planned for Thursday night.
On its Facebook page, the school district advises parents that it's unlikely there will be school on Friday even if a deal is reached. The strike affects more than 2700 students in grades K-12.
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Former teacher faces charges 48 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation