Dixon teachers reportedly plan to strike Thursday
February 27, 2013 (DIXON, Ill.) -- Classes are cancelled for tomorrow at public schools in Dixon, Illinois.
According to the school district's website, teachers plan to go on strike.
Dixon is located about 100 miles west of Chicago in Lee County. A negotiating session is planned for Thursday night.
On its Facebook page, the school district advises parents that it's unlikely there will be school on Friday even if a deal is reached. The strike affects more than 2700 students in grades K-12.
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- No. 7 Duke escapes against Clemson, 63-62
- NC State upsets Syracuse 66-63
- Pittsburgh beats No. 15 UNC 80-75