Dixon teachers on strike, classes could be canceled Friday
February 28, 2013 (DIXON, Ill.) -- There were no classes Thursday morning for students in Dixon, Illinois. Teachers there are on strike.
Dixon is about 100 miles west of Chicago.
The strike affects more than 2,700 students in grade kindergarten through 12.
Negotiations will be held Thursday, but the district is advising parents that it's unlikely there will be school Friday, even if a deal is reached.
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed 55 min ago
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener 20 min ago
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central 29 min ago
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials