State-of-the-art van will help state police crime scene investigators
February 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- Illinois State Police have a new high tech tool to help crime scene investigators.
It's refurbished 19-foot van that can help with every aspect of evidence collection at the scene of a major crime.
The van is equipped with the tools needed to process a crime scene and state-of-the-art technology to label evidence and file it directly into the computer database.
The vehicle will serve McHenry, Lake, Kane, Cook, Will and Kankakee counties.
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County 12 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Wake County Schools name new superintendent
- Did Wake Co teacher encourage bullying?
- UNC ousts Tigers from CWS with 4-2 win 28 min ago
- Are there repercussions to 'Moral Monday' arrests?
- Funeral services set for Southern Pines officer
- New charge for man in Raleigh hit and run
- Fayetteville man faces 139 sex charges
- Long road to recovery for child attacked by dog
- New England Patriots star to be question about a murder
- Johnson Co teacher facing sex charge
- ABC11's Fred Shropshire describes...
17 min ago